Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Great Expectations

While it might be my first rodeo, this isn't my first blog. That one can be found over here and it is, though I say it myself, a good blog, a solid blog, with chatter on knitting, football, Harry Potter, vacations, Dave Matthews Band and other such worldly, important pre-baby topics. That one, though, doesn't feel up to speed with the fast, amazing and often spit-up sodden changes occurring daily around here. Today is the ten-week celebration of our baby's voyage into this world. She was born 7 pounds, 12 oz, 20 and 1/2 inches long, with a full head of hair and, from the moment they placed her on my chest, my heart. How easy to say it, but how impossible to really describe it. I could feel this small, naked, slippery body on mine and all previous thoughts- new mama thoughts, "what if she's crying?" "won't I want a shower?" and "what if she's all gooey?"- flew right out of my head. I held this girl, glanced at Matthew, pressed up next to me, to see the exultation, amazement, and disbelief on his face perfectly expressing my own mush of emotions, and I felt more than thought: I am completely happy.
With that sentiment still so clear in my heart, ten weeks and many, many, many loads of laundry later (with far fewer showers to match) I thought this might be the perfect time to admit, life expanded beyond my crafty, lovely, little site of old. So with no trombones or big parade to kick this off, I enter a new time in life with a new online journal to match. We'll only hope this lovely, little, expanding site will prove to be the fitting platform for the antics of this lovely, little, expanding family.

No comments: