Friday, May 8, 2009

Good Eatin'

In the spirit of adventure, meals around the Mojo household are a little different than usual.  Inspired by Simple Abundance and Matthew being home to keep track of Little One, I've been on a new recipes jag.

First we tried Rachael Ray's "Beef Horseradish Strudel," exciting because it dealt with puff pastry, something I've normally considered too fiddly to fool with.  


Gorgeous I think, but My God! that's a lot of food. We still have an entire loaf of meat-pie in the fridge. Hungry anyone?

Next on the menu was Peppercorn Pork with Parmesan Smashed Potatoes from Ellie Krieger's The Food You Crave.  Yesterday we made Ellie's Pumpkin Muffins for breakfast:


and for dinner last night, Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs and Spicy Tomato Sauce. Healthy and yummy!

The reviews of all the new cooking have been favorable.  Even the turkey meatballs earned high accolades from Matthew, the ultimate carnivore.  I humbly took my praise and assured him it had more to do with the team of sous chefs I had helping.




I think all good cooks would agree, you're only as good as the babies chewing on ladles and dogs licking the floor in your kitchen.

No comments: